Monday, July 19, 2010
What a trip!!!
I have to admit that reading all of the posts that Dan has written has made me a little teary-eyed. For one thing, he is just amazing and his love for me amazes me...truly. I also get a little teary-eyed just thinking of what an amazing experience we had and were able to share with our children. I honestly could not have asked for a better trip! It takes an adventurous clan to do what we did in an RV. Although we often had a "plan", for those of you who know us, our "plan" is never set in stone and not as solid as most people. We loved not knowing what the next day would hold for us and the spontaneity and sense of adventure that is our family makes me feel even more blessed!! At one point in our trip, Veronica turned to me and said, "I can not believe my eyes are seeing these beautiful things. I never imagined in my life I would see this." I was choked up at that moment because I felt so happy to give her this experience, but also because that is exactly what I was feeling at that moment in time. I spent many days in the back with the kids staring out the window in awe and amazement. My spirituality is very strong and I felt God's presence every day on this adventure. From the Badlands of South Dakota, the awesomeness of Yellowstone and the snow capped mountains, to the jaw dropping beauty of the Grand Canyon....I couldn't help but be amazed that he created all of these things for us. I remember driving through Yellowstone (my favorite part of the trip!) and thinking to myself, "If it was in my plan to leave this earth now.....I would have lived a full and amazing life!" I am so thankful for this trip and even more thankful for my family. Don't get me wrong....it was a challenge....a HUGE challenge with the kids for so many looonnnnngggg hours in the R.V....but I wouldn't have changed a thing. Dan is simply amazing and it was wonderful sharing this with my best friend and the most amazing children in the world!!! It was also fun sharing this with all of you:) Hugs!!! Michellehttp://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/mmsplay/slideShowOid=526401020/ownerid=2498089020/controllerType=mms/preview=true/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment