Wednesday, March 31, 2010

To the Beach!


We finished off a great day on Tuesday with a fantastic cigar, a long walk and more than too much red wine! When it finally got dark we made a great fire for smores before heading inside the RV to watch American Idol. After barely sleeping on Sunday night and Monday night, Michelle and I were practically falling down by the time 10p.m. rolled around. Everyone crawled into bed and no one stirred until 7a.m.! It's amazing what a good night of sleep will do...

Wednesday morning we had coffee and croissants and a few more rounds of catch with the football before pulling out of Cape Fear around 10a.m. We got to Pirateland Campground in south Myrtle Beach around noon and although we had asked for a 'beachfront' slot, ya never know what you'll get. Well, we are RIGHT ON THE BEACH (see the pic which was taken from the RV). However one mortifying moment happened that I should probably not share. After feeling very proud of myself for pulling the Jeep all the way from Virginia to South Carolina, I arrived at the campground, checked in and then went to unhitch the Jeep from the RV (no small task I might add). Since the parking lot directly in front of the registration hut seemed the most 'open' I figured it was as good of a place as any to figure out the whole 'unhitching' process again. Well, all was going smoothly as each successive pin and cord came out without any trouble. The I heard the scream, "Dan, the Jeep is driving away!" (Thanks Michelle for such a lucid description). I looked up only to see that that the Jeep was already a full Jeep length away from the RV and picking up speed. I ran to the side, hopped in and pulled hard on the emergency brake. So much for privacy, I apparently provided the humor for the day for all the 'old-timers'. DAMN IT!
Anyway! It's about 73 degrees with a salty breeze and the kids have already gone for a swim (they are so weird). I think we're going to find an all-you-can-eat seafood place tonight and then sit outside with good music and Coronas (and maybe another cigar...so what, it's vacation, get off my back). Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment